Journal Papers and Theses
- Alipour, M. H., Kibler, K., “A framework for streamflow prediction in the world's most severely data-limited regions”, (under review, Journal of Hydrology).
- Kibler, K., Alipour, M. H. (2017), “Flow alteration signatures of diversion hydropower: an analysis of 32 rivers in southwestern China”, Ecohydrology; e1846. [Link]
- Alipour, M. H., Rezakhani, A. T., Shamsai, A. (2016), “Seasonal fractal-scaling of floods in two U.S. water resources regions”, Journal of Hydrology 540, pp. 232–239. [Link]
- Alipour, M. H. (2015), “Risk-informed decision making framework for operating a multi-purpose hydropower reservoir during flooding and high inflow events, case study: Cheakamus River System”, Water Resources Management 29 (3), pp. 801-815. [Link]
- Alipour, M. H. (2012), “Applying the Virtual Structure of a Risk-Informed Decision Making Framework for Operating Small Hydropower Reservoirs during High Inflow Events, Case Study: Cheakamus River System”, M.A.Sc. Thesis, cIRcle (The University of British Columbia's digital repository). [Link]
- Alipour, M. H., Shamsai, A., Eslamian, S., Ghasemizadeh, R. (2011), “A new fuzzy technique to find the optimal solution in flood management”, Journal of Flood Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 1-2, pp. 1-9. [Link]
- Alipour, M. H., Shamsai, A., Ahmady, N. (2010), “A new fuzzy multicriteria decision making method and its application in diversion of water”, Expert Systems with Applications 3, pp. 8809-8813. [Link]
- Alipour, M. H., Kibler, K., “Detecting human hydrologic alteration from diversion hydropower requires universal flow prediction tools: a proposed framework for flow prediction in poorly-gauged, regulated rivers”, American Geophysical Union Conference, December 2016, San Francisco, USA.
- Alipour, M. H., Kibler, K., “Implementation of environmental flows in poorly gauged regions: a framework for flow prediction with minimum hydrological data”, American Water Resources Association Annual Conference, November 2016, Orlando, USA.
- Kibler, K., Alipour, M. H., “Flow alteration signatures of diversion hydropower: an analysis of 32 rivers in southwestern China”, 19th International River Symposium, September 2016, New Delhi, India.
- Kibler, K., Alipour, M. H., “Opportunities for process-based management of rivers below water diversions: exploring and exploiting coupled alteration of flow and sediment regimes”, American Geophysical Union Conference, December 2015, San Francisco, USA.
- Alipour, M. H., Shawwash, Z., “Flood risk management for small hydropower reservoirs”, Optimization Days Conference, May 2012, Montreal, Canada.
- Guan, Z., Shawwash, Z., Abdalla, A., Ayad, A., Alipour, M. H., “Stochastic dual dynamic programming on reservoir operation with uncertainty”, Optimization Days Conference, May 2012, Montreal, Canada.